Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The week of the Bigger Hammer...

Today - the tough part was getting out of bed. Choir went late last night. Mollee had some words left over for me and wanted to talk. At 1030PM. Women's brains function on an entirely different plane than man. Women will crunch the numbers, think it through, and then BAM out comes the idea that will change all mankind.

Men grunt, swear, sweat, and then get a bigger hammer.

This week has been a week of the bigger hammer.

On Monday I arose for the 4 mile run. Yes, just four. Up the road to mile marker 1 and back to the capitol building. Not a lot of miles. But, I am on what runners call the "taper" side of training.

Tuesday was a rest day. I can tell the days are getting shorter - or I am getting older because I can get up later and still just barely get ahead of the sun.

Today is Wednesday. 7 miles. I don't think my body really wanted to go out today. I had a twinge in the lower back. I had a couple of bad pieces of cake (read fuel) last night and well I was just tired. I think that if I had a choice between running and freeing Tibet - then I guess Tibet would get serious thought this morning. My dog chat was just there. He, I believe, would get up at midnight with the chance of actually chasing something that moved.

Today was one of those - "I need to do the run, but (sniff sniff) I am fat..."
To which I replied - "I MIGHT be slower, I MIGHT add 2 minutes to my seven mile time. But BY BLAZES my fat will not WIN!"

1 comment: