Monday, June 28, 2010

Fat Man June

When I was growing up in Missouri - Springfield to be exact - TNT had this great idea. It was to put all the great Kung Fu movies of all time into their lineup. They called it Kung Fu June. So since that is in June - then so is my first run of the week.
4.12 Miles. 10.02 m/hr average - best was 7:26 m/hr.

I ran this morning from the stop sign by the Capitol here in Salt Lake City. To the Ranger Station in City Creek. Mile 1 - up to mile marker 1 (two miles) then back to the Ranger Station (three miles) and then back into the canyon and back to the stop sign, past the stop sign and the to Cortez. 4.12 Miles total. 41.23 blissful little minutes of me puffing up and down hills, taking my faithful dog Chat (who wanted to chase the Mule Deer in the canyon) and then home.

I sometimes wonder if the pavement is laughing at me. Taunting me. Asking if I would like to take a seat and wait for the fire trucks to come rescue me.
Not this fat man.

No comments:

Post a Comment